Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sparky the Brave

Sparky reporting for duty here. We've gotten 6" of snow already and are expecting a couple more inches later tonight. I was the only one of the pack with big enough cojones to brave the elements. My legs were completely immersed, but I did what I had to do. Both jobs.
The biggest canine of the pack didn't have the cojones to venture out. He stayed on the covered patio like a cowardly mama's boy. Oh, he did manage to pee on the sliver of grass near the patio. Big deal. Tsk tsk. Shameful.
Poor Izzy. She tried her best. She must've walked up and down this grassy patch next to the patio 40 times. Back and forth, to and fro. She finally did #1 there when mama got home from work. Daddy said she's been gassy all day and needs to do #2, but I don't think she's going to do it - outside anyway. Mama convinced daddy to let her do it in the house which is usually a big no-no. She has virtually no coat to speak of, and refuses to wear the nice garments mama bought for her. She also has bones the size of toothpicks, so I guess we'll cut her some slack.
I think I should win some sort of award for being the bravest of all. Look at me sinking into the frozen tundra. I should at least get extra treats. Right?

1 comment:

Sketching with Dogs said...

We can but admire your cojones Sparky, BOL!
That was very brave to venture into the deep snow. Poor Izzy, hope she finally found her 'spot'.
Hope it goes away soon.
Wags and kisses, Dinah Bridget and Elliot xx