Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nothing Can Keep Me Down

Even though I was diagnosed with a respiratory infection and puppy dermatitis this weekend, it will not deter my mission in life, which is to romp happily from room to room of my new home. Yep, unless you tell people I am sick, they would never know it, except for the congested sound if you get really close.

Daddy asked if there were amphetamines in my antibiotic drops because after I lapped it up, I ran around the house like greased lightning. I even did my play bow gesture to each of the dogs. Spenser responded by emitting a low growl and giving a disgusted look, as if to say he is too mature for my childish games. Whatever! Chance placed his paw on me, very gently, which mom promptly swatted away. Hey mom! I asked him to play! Sparky gave me a sideways glance and proceeded to ignore me. That Sparky is hard to read. He's very protective, yet he doesn't want to play with me. When I get stronger, I am going to turn on all my girlish charms. Mom has also picked out some bling-bling for me to wear around my neck and a pretty pink outfit for when I get bigger. That'll get his attention.

After all my begging to play and running like a banshee around the house, I crashed and burned. I tried to fight sleep, but sleep finally won. I had a really good night's rest, so I can't wait until the humans return home today so I can show off some more.

No comments: