Saturday, January 3, 2009

From Noel to Hell

We had two Christmas celebrations: one with my mom's humans and one with my dad's humans. Daddy's humans included some small people which were low to the ground. They dropped all kinds of goodies on the floor and furniture.

Gobbling popcorn, cookies, and chips did not bode well for me as the next day I started feeling terribly ill and vomited. The next day I vomited again, but this time there was blood in it. I refused all food offered to me and could not tee tee. Mom went into panic mode thinking I might have swallowed a small toy or another tiny piece that had gone missing from a toy daddy was putting together.

Off we went to the emergency room. Mom and dad were able to be with me while they poked, prodded, and took pictures. These were not the kind of pictures mom takes, either. It was very scary as I was laid on a cold table and turned upside down, something I usually fight with every ounce of energy I can muster. This day, I didn't have much fight left.

Thankfully, the pictures did not reveal a toy, but imagine my horror as the poopy in my intestine caused some laughter from the medical staff. I was extremely humiliated.

Dr. F suggested hospitalization overnight for my "dietary indescretion". Mom and dad were relieved that I didn't need surgery.

I'm all better now and looking forward to putting the entire episode behind me. I think Sparky was a little disappointed on my return, but he soon welcomed me back after he finished pouting. Somehow Sparky didn't get sick even though he ate human food, too, but he did suffer some embarrassment at the hands of the wee ones. Bwahahahaha!!

No comments: