Friday, August 7, 2009

My Monikers

Our new friends, Bentley & Lexus came up with a great idea for a blog post: listing all the different names our humans call us. We thought we were the only ones saddled with additional monikers, but apparently, it is a pretty common practice among humans. Here we go....

A little history first. My foster mom gave me the name Esmeralda, which she shortened to Ezzy. To start my life in my new forever home, my new mom wanted to change my name without straying too far from what I was used to. That is how she settled on Izabella because it was close in pronunciation to Esmeralda. The spelling came from the Jimi Hendrix song of the same name. My mom is a music nut, but I digress. *sigh* She really liked the idea of a second name; however, I notice that when she calls me by both names she's usually fussing at me about something.

Here are some other names I am known by:

Miss Izzy
Izzy Grace
Miss Priss
Punkin Head
Punkin
Sweet Baby Girl
Izzy Girl

Make of them what you will, but I answer to all of them even though I'm not too fond of "Punkin Head". I mean, really, sheesh. There is nothing glamorous or sophisticated about that name.

1 comment:

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Great story behind your name Izzy. And you have some great nicknames. We can't take credit for the Name Game though. It was Twix idea. But we are so glad you played.

We nominated you for an award. Swing by and check it out.

Chihuahua kisses,
Bentley & Lexus