Friday, September 25, 2009

The Pink Rattletrap

It seems my lovely humans have thought of yet another way to torment me and my chi brother, Sparky. We are now the proud owners of a doggie stroller. No, that was not a typo.

When I first saw the pink contraption I was delighted. Usually, pink things are fun toys just for me; however, I became apprehensive when they placed my favorite blankie inside of it and began using the word "outside". At that point, I instinctively knew that I was in for an evening of terror.

Here is daddy securing me into the rickety apparatus a few days ago. They know that I'm extremely uncomfortable being outside exposed to the elements -- I tend to freckle, you know. But mom assured me that I would be protected with the stroller hood. They raved about how fun this would be for me. I became overwhelmed with all the strange scents swirling around me and strange noises. I wasn't so sure.
Halfway through the walk, Sparky was unceremoniously placed next to me and we were zipped up like prisoners, peering through the black mesh. Sparky clawed at the screen and raised a little fuss, but mom said it was for his own good. Apparently, a mile is much too long for a robust, senior Chihuahua like Sparky. I lost a good 3/4 of my interior space because of him. Before that, I was actually starting to enjoy the scenery. Now I had to deal with his boorish behavior and malodorous breath. He was panting like crazy, so it was kind of hard to avoid.
Tonight, as the humans began gathering leashes, I immediately sensed danger and hid under the bed, refusing to come out. After several attempts to coax me from my safe place, they left, taking the pink gizmo with them. I chuckled, thinking of Sparky enduring another trip in that flimsy rattletrap. I rule! Bwaaahhhhaaahhhhaaa!!!

2 comments:

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

BOL, BOL!!!! You sure got your Brother back!!

Chi kisses, Lilibell

Contessa ChiChi said...

Hola! What a beautiful place you have here, Izabella. Eet's obvious to Contessa ChiChi why you were given an award. Congratulations!

I just wanted to tell you that I think your "Pink Rattletrap" ees very nice, but eet looks like you had to muster up some solid patience with thees Sparky sitting on your lap. Eet looks like he's a drooler, too, (besides the halitosis). Contessa ChiChi knows what eet's like to be stuffed into the black meshed bag with the long zipper up the front that makes my eyes look crossed trying to see around eet. Your mesh cage has wheels on eet, too! Cool. My humanoids got me a carryall shoulder strap thingee model that makes for a seasick kinda ride, being thrown about every which way. So definitely, si, the grass is greener on your side, Izabella..:)

Now Contessa ChiChi go back to her place for a few delicious meat-a-balls marinated in tequila!
I think I'll be coming back here from time-to-time to see how you're doing. (I'm planning another Most Excellent Adventure soon, but I'll try to visit you before I go..:)

Hasta luego, Izabella!